The Jesus Mysteries
by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy
- What if there were absolutely no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus?
- For thousands of years Pagans had also followed a Son of God?
- This Pagan saviour was also born of a virgin on the twenty-fifth of December before three shepherds, turned water into wine at a wedding, died and was resurrected, and offered his body and blood as a Holy Communion?
- These Pagan myths had been rewritten as the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- The earliest Gnostic Christians knew that the Jesus story was a myth?
- Christianity turned out to be a continuation of Paganism by another name?
The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy: Freke and Gandy explain in great detail and with amazing sources how Gnosticism and the Jesus myth are aspects of a Mystery tradition that has been with us for much longer. Whether you believe in an historical Jesus or not, this one is utterly essential. This book will have WAY more of an effect on your conceptions about Jesus than the Da Vinci Code ever could. (source: Fantastic Planet)